Sunday 6 May 2018

Brain Power!!!

Last week we watched a short animated clip around emotions.  In the clip, Mojo felt anxious and embarrassed when he forgot what he was saying whilst presenting in front of the class.  His emotions beast took over and he didn't know what to do.
This got us talking...

"Do you think the beast is our emotions or our hearts?"  wondered Levi.

Most of the class agreed that it was our emotions:

"Cos when you’re angry it’s like a beast taking over you", suggested Jemma.

"When you’re angry your emotions go from nice to bad," explained Adham.

"When you get angry it’s like you’re turning into a beast that’s angry," added Jaydi.

Next we asked:
What are some powerful positive emotions that we feel sometimes?

Calm
Into it
Gentle
Happy
Peaceful
Shy
Chilled out
Proud
Extraordinary
Excited
Grateful
Confused
Helpful
Bromley School 5 C’s - Courageous, Connected, Creative, Caring, Curious

What are some powerful negative emotions that we feel sometimes?

Disappointed
Sad
Frustrated
Angry
Mad
Annoyed
Silly
Jealous
Furious
Cross
Emotional
Crazy
Upset
Serious
Irritated
Gloomy

What powerful emotions might you feel and how might you deal with them? we wondered.

Izzy - "If I'm irritated I tell someone or go to my room and squeeze or cuddle something".
Serena - "I move away from the situation when I’m mad."
Charles - "When I'm angry I do breathing or walk away."
Zoe - "When I'm angry I go to my room and punch my pillow."

Next we began designing our very own beasts! Look out for these being displayed in our classroom soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment